Thursday, May 31, 2012

struggles

What people don't realize or yet understand is what it takes to be Charlotte. I'm at a constant war with myself. It's like I never win. I'm struggling time after time to just breathe in and out somewhat normally. My brain striving to be this perfect model of what a normal person is and it's hard. Some days I feel like I can't do it anymore and then other days it's great.

"I'm not perfect but I keep tryin', cause that's what I said I would do from the start"

I always thought I had to be this or that or even look this way or that way to feel okay again. I'm just now finding out that no matter how hard I tell myself that no of that matters it really does.
When you are a recovering person like me from things that are hard to even admit it's sort of a reality everytime something comes up in life showing you how you aren't as perfect as everyone else or even as perfect as you thought. I know they say nobody is perfect but in my mind sometimes I find myself saying certain people are. I find myself saying that maybe I'm not enough. It's a work in progress getting better and each day I just pray I move in the right direction leaving yesterday behind and making tomorrow the best future it can be.













-Char

No comments:

Post a Comment